=?UTF-8?B?UkU6IFt1a2hhX2RdIHdoYXRzIHRoZSBiZXN0IGxlYXJuaW5nIHJl?==?UTF-8?B?bW90ZQ==?=

  • To: =?UTF-8?B?J3VraGFfZEB5YWhvb2dyb3Vwcy5jb20n?= <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: =?UTF-8?B?UkU6IFt1a2hhX2RdIHdoYXRzIHRoZSBiZXN0IGxlYXJuaW5nIHJl?==?UTF-8?B?bW90ZQ==?=
  • From: =?UTF-8?B?QlVUTEVSLCBUb255LCBGTQ==?= <tony.butler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:02:59 +0100

How soon????? How soon??????

I didn't get a chance to play with it, but I had a quick glimpse of th Pronto Pro at the may meeting - and I was surprised how poor the quality of the screen is - maybe this is just me being spoiled by the quality of the iPaq screen.....
As you say Mark, add these to an iPaq and you have an IR only Pronto Pro for significantly less than the cost of a Pronto Pro.
Of course, what we really need is a combined CF WiFi card and IR addon, so I can seamlessly switch between IR control of the tv etc and web control of theA udiotron......

It could make it worthwhile buying one of those reconditioned iPaqs to use purely as a remote - though I look at the site (euro something ISTR) a few weeks back and they'd sold out of all but the mono iPaqs (no thanks, have a Pronto) and the more expensive 38xx series....

Tony