Re: RE: (ukha_d) (OT) Cat5 B&Q rant, was RPP Easy-clip faceplate

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: RE: (ukha_d) (OT) Cat5 B&Q rant, was RPP Easy-clip faceplate
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:58:12 +0100

My local B&Q Warehouse sells:

305M CAT5E cable drums (at a ridiculously overpriced £49.95!)
CAT5 cable testers
CAT5 Patch cables in numerous lengths and colours
8 port hubs
mini patch panels (either 12 or 16 ports, I can't remember which)
Network starter kits (a hub, some PCI cards, some patch cables, and 100m of
solid-core cable)
Faceplates
RJ45 sockets.

Didn't see any RJ45 plugs or crimp tools though...

Paul G.

>Whilst we're on the subject of ranting about B&Q (constructively,
of course
>Mark....), why do they not sell any Cat5/datacomms gear?  I'd have
though
>that
>the sales of this stuff have gone up significantly over the past couple
of
>years
>(as evidenced by Screwfix now selling it), but the chappy at my local
B&Q