RE: Broadband and Home access over the 'net .... Game Over

On 21 May 02, at 9:36, Dr John Tankard wrote:

> I gather that BT will do a exchange if you have 200 accounts that will
> change :-(

Sadly, the exchange is ADSL enabled, it's just the wires into my
estate are crap apparently. Thus I, and others on the estate,
cannot be de-DACS-ed. I wonder how many customers it would
take to get BT to fix the lines into the estate once and for all.

> I have just found that although my exchange should get converted in
> the next wave, that I am out of range, shame is that my next door
> neighbour is in range ! (I confess next door is 1/4 mile away)

My next best hope is a friend up the road, then a wireless link to
him which we've been planning anyway.

The thing is I am then at the mercy of whatever he's doing on his
connection. I'd rather it was under my control for my purposes of
course.

Question:

If I run a web server in my house, will I be able to access it from the
Internet, through his connection and across the WLAN to my
house?

I have no idea how to go about this.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor