Re: TIVO Connections

> > And finally would you get rid of the Video? Will I ever use it
again,
> > could always put it upstairs just in case!
>
> With TiVo, if you do not store recordings then the VCR becomes
> redundant, you'll learn this after about a week or so with TiVo! ;-)

There's only one small flaw with this:
Those of us with kids know that there are bugger all kids DVD's
available, but shed loads of kids videos - eg we have a Maisy video
that the sprogs love & it's starting to go coz it's been played so
much.
Can I get the same on DVD?  Can I hell - there is one maisy dvd
available with none of the programmes on it that are on the video.

Also, bought a Thomas the Tank Engine DVD as they love looking at
Thomas books.
For some reason, perhaps being used to videos where you just play and
that's it, the menu system scared the crap out of them :-O

Doubtless they will grow out of this, and there are extras on the
DVD's that you could never get on video, but the fact remains there
are still far more videos than DVD's out there.

This applies to adult stuff too  (no, no over 18, just over 18
months :)) where the vid rental stores have far more vids than dvds.

Granted this is being addressed more and more, but I still wouldn't
get rid of my VCR for a couple of years yet......

Just my 0.00000002p worth,

Tony

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor