RE: I'm an arrogant sod with a beemer (was Symantec - Virus Warning Bulletin)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: I'm an arrogant sod with a beemer (was Symantec - Virus Warning Bulletin)
  • From: "Brian Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 14:57:53 +0100

No you misunderstand me, I agree with what you say if they are doing 70
MPH then you are also breaking the law I am mostly talking about the
60MPH brigade who sit in the far right lane and I am on the far left
lane what option do I have? I have tried the flash lights bit but as I
am in a van I usually get the 1 finger!

I had this recently when a girl of early teens age would not move, she
was in lane 4, and I was originally in lane 1, I gave her plenty of time
to move but she would not, so a flashed her and got the finger so I went
past on the left and boy did that get a reaction! dangerous? YES! but
what do I do? sit there till she moves? then I get the next car stuck
behind me flashing me when I can not get anywhere!

If any one of you drive on the recently created A1M near Peterborough
then you will be familiar with this. You drive in the left lane then a
new lane is added to the left, a bit further and another lane is added
till you end up with 5(?) lanes but people continue in the original
lane! this is normally where I undertake. Actually I do not "undertake"
that says I was getting them by using an inside lane but what I am
actually doing is continuing my journey, there is a difference.

Same thing on a dual ring road and a roundabout, It is illegal to
overtake on these but if the other lane is slower you are allowed to
continue in your lane but not weave in and out, it is the same
principal.

B.