-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 May 2002 21:11
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ukha_d] London Meet -Demo's

Hi Keith,

I'm sorting out a Windows 2000 server to provide DHCP, and to host Ian's MP3
drives.

As it happens, I've just built the aforementioned server...

Obviously the server itself will be a fixed IP, I was also planning to put a
scope of 50 addresses available via DHCP.

I was planning to use the 10.0.0.x range, but it's totally arbitrary, so if
you have a preference for the 192.168.x.x range that's just as easy...

I was envisaging something like the following...

first 50 addresses (.1 through .50 inclusive) reserved for static IP
devices, the .1 address being my server (either 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1)

2nd 50 addresses (.51 through .100 inclusive) in the DHCP scope.

Network fabric devices would start from the top end (.254) and work down.
thes ewould be things like the WAP11, and any hubs/switches/routers etc.
that might want addressing for management...

That help?

:-)

Paul G.