Re: Streaming delays (was Raid)

Thanks for these suggestions.  MP3 streaming is definitely more
straightforward as there is timing info in the encoding.  However,
I'd really like to be able to do this with an uncompressed digital
stream, so as to have highest possible quality at playback.

I've seen a bit of stuff on IEEE 1394 which seems to have many of the
required features for streaming.  At least, as opposed to TCP/IP,
it's designed with that in mind.  Has anybody used/looked at this?
And is it a possibility for multiple roomed audio?

I also wonder what would happen if you set the buffering to zero or
nearly zero at the client end to control the delays which occur
there.  If the network was guaranteed fast enough (100Mb/sec) maybe
that would work?

Thanks

Ben

(www.slimdevices.com)
> >are
> > > working on multi player synchronisation - see
> > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slimp3-dev/message/2933 for more
details.

> >There is also a plugin for Winamp which synchronises various
Winamp
> >installs
> >on different machines.  Never used it, so I've no idea how well it
works.

> >Andy

http://messenger.msn.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor