Re: Re: Micromodules....

Leaving it face down just never happens in my experience (well I've never
done it anyway). What I have done on more than one occasion is left the
house in the morning, (not my most alert part of the day), and left the iron
on. I just want to be able to relax from the nagging self-doubt, having just
turned on to the motorway... "Did I remember to turn the <your choice of
appliance here> off before I left?"....

Using an existing AM12 module for that is not feasible for the reasons of
size and inconvenience that I mentioned earlier...

Paul G.

>From: Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
>Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:05:54 +0100
>
>On Wednesday 01 May 2002 15:51 pm, Scott Crowther wrote:
> > take it one step further and put a motion sensor in the iron
> > so when its been stationary and horizontal for a fixed period
> > (say 20secs) it automatically powers off.
> >
> > press a switch to reset.
> >
> > that way it'll stop house fires if you leave the iron in a horizontal
> > position on your ironing board...
>
>a simple tilt switch with a cheap 555 timer circuit + sundry bits would do
>the same job.
>
>--
>
> Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
> Chief Operations Officer