Re: Wireless Remote Control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Wireless Remote Control
  • From: "Tony T" <home@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 11:08:57 +0100

Eamon,

I've got the remote functioning now, after a few false starts caused by xp
deciding it was a mouse.

I'm just using the mscomm control to pick up the signals, convert them to a
hex string, and match them against a table of macros to run.
Currently, just macros to cause the irda port to relay the correct command
to my NTL box.

The range is fine all over my house (3 bed detached), havent tried it in the
garden though.
The receiver is in the loft.

Next I need an rf transmitter for the pc so I can send commands directly to
a pyramid extender thingy, to control all the devices in the lounge and
beyond.....
Will probably use a RedRat though.
I never realised how many com ports I was going to need when I started in
this ha stuff.

Regards
Tony T