Re: Any Linux users who could help me with jreceiver setup on M8.2 ?

I have set it up on SuSE 7.3, bu there should not be much difference.

After a couple of attempts I used the Sun JRE option with Jikes as the
compiler. Not the Sun JDK option.

I followed the instructions on the web site

http://jreceiver.sourceforge.net/jrec-install.html

I did run everything as root (I know you shouldn't but it makes things a lot
easier.

Notes from the install

Sun JRE, not a problem just follow the jrec instructions

Jrec again no problem

mysql - this was preinstalled using the Apache/PHP/mysql installer package.
If you want I can dig i a link out. The instructions look fine, you may need
to compile it. I'm not sure if this is the binary version.

Jetty - after a few problems this was fine. Do not use version 4 which is
marked as stable. There are incompatabilities with some of the XML in Jrec.
I believe this will be addressed soon. Use the latest version 3 marked as
mature.

Jikes, followed the install but remember to read the readme supplied with
the package. You need to compile it otherwise it will not work. When editing
the webdefault.xml ensure there are no other lines between the <init-param>
and the </init-param> lines

Hope this has been of some help. If you want more let send back the problems
and I'll see if I can help

Alternatively mail to the jreceiver_users group on Yahoo

Alastair