Re: CAT5 Problem

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CAT5 Problem
  • From: "keithdoxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 20:44:26 -0000

The X10 problem could be as simple as something sucking up the
signal. A filter on the offending kit could cure that.

The network problem is more wierd. Does the Multitainer work OK in a
different part of the house?

Does a laptop or PC work OK in the lounge?

Does the cable tester just check continuity of each pair of does it
test each wire for correct termination. There could be a pair
reversed.

Other than that, I cant think of much else.

Keith