Re: Average Computing Devices\Person Ratio in UKHA households

On 29 Mar 2002, at 12:09, Don McAllister wrote:

> So with 4 of us in the household, that comes in at 3 devices per
person.
> How does everyone else fair?

I'm at 3 myself; main PC, spare PC and Fileserver (acting as file
server, print server, Internet gateway, MP3 Jukebox etc etc).

But add in a pair of FujiTabs and that'll take me up to 5. I live alone.

I was installing a new PC at work earlier this week and the amount
of time setting it up ... I remembered I hate doing this. For this
reason I'm gong to make my Server box do a LOT of jobs if I can.
One less PC that needs setting up and maintaining.

Just now I've been sitting outside thinking how wonderful it would
be to be able to do this kind of thing without having to come inside
to check my email. Oh yes, Go Wireless! :)

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx     ICQ#: 4515603