Re: Response TV4000 cameras - any good?

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:55:32 -0000, you wrote:

>Hi everyone
>
>I'm looking at the TV4000 camera kits that are being offered by=20
>Protect Direct (www.protectdirect.tv).=20
>
>I've had no experience with cameras of this type.
>
>-Are they any good (more than toys?)
>-Can I integrate the switching of these cameras with Comfort and my=20
>existing exterior PIR detectors?
>-Can the power be supplied by the comfort PSU?
>
>Thanks for your help!
>
>Tom

I can't believe they've still got this on their web site!

I tried to order two of these just before Christmas, and after several
delays and excuses was eventually told they'd been dispatched, only to
get an email a week later saying they were out of stock.

You'd be best to phone them (or get them to call back as their number's
always engaged) and check if they're actually available.

I was also told the web site was being updated and out of stock items
would be removed - that was well over a month ago.

Personally I wouldn't buy from them, although I believe others here have
had a bit more success than myself.

YMMV etc.

David P.

--=20
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.=
com;

Senior R & D programmer    There are three kinds of people in the world
-
Visual Sciences Ltd.        those who can count, and those who can't...