RE: Amplifying rear speakers separatly

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Amplifying rear speakers separatly
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:44:35 -0000

Title: Message
Nik,

Why not just go invest in a good set of PC/Multimedia speakers?

There are some very good units out there by Cambridge Soundworks and Yamaha to name but two. I perhaps got a little overboard here as I have a nice little set of Bose active units on my PC that I imported from the US handling everything from about 80Hz up and a REL Strata 2 doing the bit below that! (Maybe a tad excessive for a PC speaker set...)

The current crop of Cambridge Soundworks stuff does generally sound pretty good and some of those have small wired "remote" volume controls too.

Phil