Controlling PC via USB

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Controlling PC via USB
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:17:46 -0000

Looking to relocate one of my PCs to my AV stack to cut VCDs of Tivo
recorded material. Recording various programs for SWMBO but she doesn't
get round to watching them and I want to clear them off my Tivo (HDD
upgrade scheduled in the next few months ;-). Hence want to locate the
PC as close to Tivo as possible.

Looking to use USB connected keyboard\mouse, joystick and printer via a
4 port USB hub. My question is what is maximum length USB extender cable
I can get away with?

TIA

Don