Re: RE: (ukha_d) supa dupa Answerphone, was www.pathwaydata.co.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: RE: (ukha_d) supa dupa Answerphone, was www.pathwaydata.co.
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:37:20 +0000

Hi Peter,

Yes I'm pretty certain (95%) that HSP can do this, based on my recollection
of it from when I ran it.

I've actually stopped using it for the time being, as I've switched to NTL
for my phone line, and (believe it or not) they don't offer CID in this
area!! (or at least that's what they are telling me...)

WRT the feedback, you could have homeseer announce the number of messages
via TTS... - I plan to try to do something like this to add functionality
my Comfort answering machine, - currently, when the property is entered
&
the panel is disarmed, if there are any messages left for the person who
has
just disarmed (me & SWMBO have unique PIN codes), they are played back
over
the compad...

However, if the message is for another user, they are not played, also it
doesn't say how many *calls* there were, - just how many messages.

Using Patricks plugin, Homeseer gets notified when Comfort is disarmed,
(and
by what user), so I hope to be able to add some of that extra stuff to make
it a bit more "super-duper" as an answering machine...

Paul G.

>From: peter.white@xxxxxxx
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: [ukha_d] RE: (ukha_d) supa dupa Answerphone, was
>www.pathwaydata.co.
>Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:50:49 +0000
>
>These might be obvious questions, so bear with me...
>
>Since SWMBO dropped the answerphone, I've been looking for a good
>replacement.
>Ideally, what I'd like in the way of features are:
>
>* Caller announcement from CID
>* Multiple outgoing messages depending on the CID info (ie a message
for
>the
>mother-in-law, another for people I want to speak to...)
>* email forwarding of messages to wherever I am
>* and/or remote retrieval of messages
>* multiple mailboxes
>* fax handling
>
>I *think* Homeseer/phone can do all of this (with Meteor), but I'm not
sure
>about the second point - can it?
>
>Also, and this is for SWMBO, I need some sort of message indicator near
>where
>SWMBO would normally look - i.e. near the old answerphone. Checking the
PC
>would
>be expecting too much.  Apart from the obvious of running a lamp from a
>module,
>are there any better alternatives?
>
>Don't forget, I'm not a programmer or electrical engineer, so keep it
>simple!
>
>Thanks, Pete

"Promotion /
>special offer" field on the Trolley page and press the Update
Shopping
>Trolley button. The discount will be shown on the Checkout page.
>
>CID Server
>----------
>This is our latest product and provides Caller ID throughout an
>organisation.
>CID Server works with the Satellite multiple line caller id. device to
>supply
>caller id. information throughout a network of computers. CID Server
>includes
>a server application, a ready to use client and a software development
kit
>for developers to add caller id. to their own applications. Please
request
>FREE evaluation CD from our web site.
>
>http://www.pathwaydata.co.uk/CallerIDAppDev.asp#CIDSERVER
>

>Free ActiveCID download
>-----------------------
>ActiveCID is a 32 bit ActiveX control for the Meteor, Meteor Plus and
>Satellite caller ID devices. It has been on the market for over four
years
>and has been used in hundreds of commercial and private applications.
We
>have
>created a free evaluation version of ActiveCID for the Meteor which may
be
>downloaded from our web site. Please use the following link for more
>information.
>
>http://www.pathwaydata.co.uk/download.htm
>

>Adrian Delph
>www.pathwaydata.co.uk"