RE: CAT5 vs. Wire ---- LESS ----

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: CAT5 vs. Wire ---- LESS ----
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:03:59 -0000

> In fact, he left me with some of his kit, rather than taking mine ;-)
>=20
> His SP/DIF cable is winging its way back to him as we speak,=20
> since I bought one from John Lewis yesterday...
>=20
> Mary asked "what's the difference between Phil's cable and this
one?"
>=20
> I said "about =A31,500!
>=20
> Mary said "what?"
>=20
> One can only assume that this was one of Phil's famous=20
> bargains, and that he didn't pay list ;-)

Hmmm... Do I come clean?

The cable that Mark is referring to was part of a little psychological
test that I was carrying out ...

....it certainly looks the part being nice and chunky with WBT clone
connectors but it was the grand total of =A314 from Maplin! (I never
actually *SAID* it was a =A31,500 cable ... Just that it was similar to
one! *grin*)

Phil