RE: X Box/Leopard/Ace

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: X Box/Leopard/Ace
  • From: "Gerard McGovern" <stuff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:34:24 +0000

> > For control via a joypad, Halo does a very good job.
>
> Good job with a joypad controller, not good job per-se :-)

We'll agree to disagree there ... for the average, non PC owning user
it's fine.

> > where the PC loses out big time ... it is just single user.
>
> Have you_ played CounterStrike online with voice comms enabled?
> Play with your mates, chat to your mates, have beer with your mates.
> You just don't have to inhale their BO :-)

Oh I play CS all the time ... you'll find me on the UK2 servers with the
handle 'Britney Spears' :-)

The point I was making was single user NOT single player. The PC can be
a little anti-social as it's just you and at the PC and no-one else.

> Seriously though, the bog limitation I find with multiplayer console
> games
> is that you share the screen with your mates so a) your viewable area
> is a
> _lot_ smaller and b) you can see what your m8's are doing - makes it
> hard to
> sneak up on someone with a knife, if they can see you coming by
looking
> at
> your bit of the screen :-(

Screen size is a valid point. But with a 32 inch TV, you are getting a
viewable area close to that of a 15 inch monitor. Not perfect but not
the worst thing in the world.

As for other players seeing you, it means you have to be ultra-sneaky :-
) Like I said, the Xbox and a PC each have their own +ves and -ves.

G (who has just installed yet another Cat5 point)