Re: X Box/Leopard/Ace

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: X Box/Leopard/Ace
  • From: "nsouthga" <lardfest@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:25:48 -0000

I've had an Xbox for a few weeks now and here are my thoughts:

The launch line up of games is the best I've seen for any console in
a while. This bodes well for the future. Remember the launch of the
PS2? SSX was the only game worth playing, the rest of the launch
titles were pretty poor. This is due to the fact that it's much
easier to develop for Xbox (given its PC architecture) so developers
get to grips with the Hardware quicker.

Halo is fantastic, reminds me of Half Life in many ways. A true next
gen title.

DOA3, amazing graphics, great game play, seems a little short in one
player mode though. Excellent multi-player.

Project Gotham Racing. I'm going to be controversal and say I enjoy
this more than GT3. I'm not into the "tuning" thing in GT3, I
want
immediate action and to me this game is more "fun" that GT3
(which I
found a bit sterile).

I've spoken to several people who seem anti-Xbox just because it's
Microsoft. I'd forget that fact and focus on the games.

I'm not sponsered by Msoft by the way! I have a PS2, DreamCast, N64,
Super NES etc The PS2 has some great games NOW, but it took a year
for the good stuff to start flowing.

All in my unhumble opinion!

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Ian Lowe" <ian@w...> wrote:
> Sorry to opine here, but CS is the thinking child's fps ;)
>
> Real men play Unreal Tournament Assault :D
>
> http://fragulation.com
>
> and those that take it seriously play UTAS in the European League ;)
>
> http://league.utassault.net/
>
> and, of course, as per CS, Mouse/Keyboard is the only way to fly..
>
> if joypads sucked any more, they'd accrete matter :)
>
> Ian "=[FDC]=Wintermute" Lowe

&
mouse combo