Re: [OT] consume.net was Re: Compact Flash -> Ide convertor

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [OT] consume.net was Re: Compact Flash -> Ide convertor
  • From: "Andy Laurence" <andylaurence@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:49:44 -0000

> I also appears to be limited to UK users only. I tried the Dev
> database while the other was down, basically it said the lat/long I
> supplied was wrong or outside the UK... and thus effectively bugger
> off you foreigner :P (which I'm not - I just live outside the UK)..

Yes, it's UK only at the moment, although they're working on a new database
which will do global.

> This 'global' network doesn't appear to want to be global at all...
>
> Somone pointed me in the dircetion of another network trying to
> achieve similar results.. but on a global scale...

There's a whole host of them.  Few are truely global though.  The bonus of
Consume, is that they are UK based, so it's easier to coordinate.  Of
course, this isn't a bonus for you ;-)

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System