RE: In car PC with LCD question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: In car PC with LCD question
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:19:28 -0000

Have you checked the refresh rate of the Laptop output.

It may be running at 60Hz causing the LCD to think it is NTSC.

One BIG problem you will run into is that small LCD displays intended for
Video use are at best 960x234 pixels so you are unlikely to be happy with
the results even if you succeed in getting it to work.

A small Colour CRT monitor would also be useless as the shadowmask in the
tube would not be fine enough for the image you are trying to display.

A small B&W CRT would probably give the best resolution at an
affordable
price.

Trouble is, we are ahead of the technology. We want it before it is made,
or
before it is at an affordable price. Just one of the problems with being at
the cutting edge :-)

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv