Connecting AV equipment Via Scart (Help) could be OT

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Connecting AV equipment Via Scart (Help) could be OT
  • From: "e1230758" <tom@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:32:32 -0000

Can anyone out their help me with advice on how best to connect up my
AV equipment using the SCART connections. I currently have the
following equipment with SCART sockets on the back, but I am not sure
what is the best way to connect them together.

Device		Connections	Designation in Manual
Direction Arrow in manual
Sony TV 	1st SCART	EURO-AV (LINE-1)	INPUT
2nd SCART	EURO-AV (LINE-2)	INPUT/OUTPUT

Sony VCR	1st SCART	EURO-AV (LINE-1)	INPUT/OUTPUT
2nd SCART	EURO-AV (LINE-3 IN)	INPUT

Sony DVD	1st SCART	EURO-AV (LINE-1(RGB)-TV	OUTPUT
2nd SCART	EURO-AV (LINE-2)	INPUT/OUTPUT

Pace Analogue	1st SCART	VCR		     I assume OUTPUT
Sat Receiver	2nd SCART	TV		     I assume OUTPUT
3rd SCART	DECODER			Don't Know

I have this equipment connected together at the moment, in a fashion
and mostly it works. However, I would like to add a digital satellite
receiver in addition to the analogue Pace unit. I use the Analogue
Pace unit to watch 30 FREE German language TV stations which I wish
to retain access too.

My current configuration is wired like this.

TV (Line-1) connected to SAT (TV), SAT (VCR) connected to VCR (Line-
3), VCR (Line-1) connected to DVD (Line-2) and DVD (Line-2) connected
to TV (Line-2). When drawn out this forms a loop, starting at the TV
it runs like this TV-SAT-VCR-DVD-TV.

Is this the best way to connect or what is better? On that basis
where/how would I best connect in a digital box? Could this be into
the decoder socket of the analogue box which is currently not in use?

I hope the above make sense.