RE: WAP11 Problem

>What I plan to do is:
>Change my laptop IP settings from DHCP enabled to static 192.168.1.251
with
subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
>Then it should be able to find AP. Then change settings of AP, from
static
address to DHCP enabled.
>When AP reboots, it should obtain IP address from DHCP server (ICS
machine)
and become a member of my subnet.
>My laptop settings could be moved back to DHCP enabled.
>I'm pretty sure that it will work then.

Nikola,

I don't recall seeing an option to allow the AP to use DHCP.
You should be able to change it's IP address to something in the
192.168.0.x
range so you can see it from your LAN.
Make sure though that you choose an address outside the range used by the
DHCP server or else it will get confused!

I left mine on the default 192.168.1.250, with my DHCP server allocating
addresses from 192.168.1.200-192.168.1.249,
so WiFi cards, as well as the wired cards all get an IP in this range - ie,
the AP takes the addresses it dishes out from the DHCP server, it does not
have it's own DHCP server that it allocates addresses from.

I initially thought it would have it's own & anticipated problems.  I
was
pleasantly surprised when it didn't & all worked as I wanted it to....

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com