RE: Re: OT :Computer to Home Highway, How?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: OT :Computer to Home Highway, How?
  • From: "Roger" <roger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:39:17 -0000

In the spirit of fun

IMHO it is better to keep to correct terminology when describing things
:-))

According to my dictionary...
mo.dem
n.
A device for transmitting usually digital data over telephone wires by
modulating the data into an audio signal to send it and demodulating an
audio signal into data to receive it.

I am mystified by the 'waves down coaxial cable' concept - unless we
consider a LED to be a modem because it modulates a digitial signal into
light waves....

Now can we please get on, and discuss the difference between
bits-per-second, and baud rate!

Roger

> > Tony,
> >
> > If you, like me, are plagued by Techie people who claim that a TA
is
> > different from a modem because the TA isn't
modulating/demodulating.