Composite vs S-video out from a PC?

While tinkering with my server last night, I got around to plugging it into
the TV, using the composite out on the video card. The picture was OK for
watching AVI videos, but poor for reading text, even on 640x480. But the
real problem was a 2 inch border around the top, left & right of the
picture. Very annoying. Much searching later, I've been unable to identify
the video card I have, and none of the generic SiS drivers I found have TV
out support. :(

This morning I noticed the video card also has (what looks like) an S-Video
socket on it. Then I remembered the scart adapter I have (to convert
composite to scart) also has an S-Video in socket on it.

So, my question is - If I get an S-Video lead and connect the two together
will the picture be any better? Or is the problem with the scart interface?
Shame the TV has no S-Video socket.

TIA
Lee.