RE: 802.11a - update

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: 802.11a - update
  • From: "Gerard McGovern" <stuff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:43:13 +0000

> According to the Register article:
> "UK and Dutch 802.11a wireless access points will be the same as
ships
> in the US and user documentation will explain how users can choose
four
> legal bands during installation"
>
> So next hollys to the states, you can bring back a shed load :-)

How much did you guys pay for the bulk buy on the 802.11b stuff?

I'm about to buy directly from the States a Netgear 802.11a WAP and 2
Netgear 802.11a PC Cards. Now, the Netgear cards are quite expensive
compared to other brands but the whole bundle in total is costing $650
including shipping.

Could have gone for a cheaper brand (Linksys or SMC) and the total would
have been around $560.

Not bad for 72 Mbps wireless networking.