RE: Anyone seen the Panny LCD TVs in the flesh

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Anyone seen the Panny LCD TVs in the flesh
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:14:34 -0000

> > > On the 16:9 panel front, Silicon Graphics do a very sexy one
:-)
> >=20
> > More than =A31,200 though eh Gerrard?
>=20
> Phillllllll,
>=20
> >From memory, no. I picked one up for =A3800 last time I needed=20
> one. Plus
> it is 1600 x 1024; a much higher resolution than the Panasonic Screen.

All I'm saying is that this is not anything related to the original
question which was has anyone seen the new Panasonic LCD TVs and are
they any good. You brought in the perception of "value" and the
variations thereon...=20

Now, the SGI 1600SW display is out of production, is DVI only (so a VGA
tuner wouldn't work anyway without a VGA to DVI convertor), has no audio
capabilities internally and was $2,500 retail which means that it bears
no relevance to the Panasonic question and certainly would not be
acceptable aesthetically to Tim and his domestic requirement.

I'm sorry if you feel that I'm being confrontational towards you but I
dislike being repeatedly and publicly attacked in the way that you
obviously feel it necessary to do, especially when I am providing
information that has been specifically requested by a fellow group
member. I have not made this "personal" and have not resorted to
public
insults in the way that you have.

Phil