Network connected/synched Wall Clock

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Network connected/synched Wall Clock
  • From: "Stuart Booth" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:50:00 -0000

I've got a couple of wall mounted clocks. Their mechanisms 'tick',
especially so if they have a seconds hand. This 'tick' noise I really
detest, and I certainly cannot sleep in the same room as one.

But they also go very slightly out of synch with real time too.

I like the way that my VCR and ONdodgy box both get their times
automatically from Teletext I presume.

Now, my Server has a time synchronising applet that I tell to
update with an atomic clock over the Internet every now and then.
My other PCs then synchronise their clocks with my Server.

This set me thinking that wouldn't it be great if I had some kind of
NON-Ticking wall block that behind the scenes synched with a
network service running on the Server box.

I don't suppose anybody has seen such a toy?

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx     ICQ#: 4515603