RE: Re: [OT] Bickering

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Bickering
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 06:20:26 -0000

Hi Patrick,

-----Original Message-----
From: PatrickLidstone [mailto:patrickl@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 March 2002 20:14
You were unlucky to get caught in the cross-fire.
The usenet police perspective is predominantly one of self
preservation - they perceive (rightly, IMO) usenet as an ivaluable
pooled resource.
The worst thing was, my posting was a lengthy screed supporting the creation of the group and because of the cock-up with the web interface it never got published. Worst still, I had no local copy to be able to repost it to the proper group.

The only reason I was using a web inteface was because of the link posted here to the web interface so that I didnt have to downloas hundreds of useless headers to a newsgroup that I would probably never look at again in my life !
 So, that's usenet for you - weird and wonderful, but definitely only
for the thick skinned equipped with a kill file :-)
I do hope you feel it's worth while continuing to contribute to
usenet though - you are in a better position than most to shift the
ratio in the signal favour ;-)
I will still continue to read and post to the group at the moment, hence my posting to that thread last night asking that we return to the subject of HA so that we dont deter anyone who stumbles across the group from becoming interested in our obsession ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H  hobby/way of life :-)

Keith

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor