Re: Powermax alarms - Still ok?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Powermax alarms - Still ok?
  • From: "electronichouseuk" <automated@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:10:04 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Justin" <justin@g...> wrote:
> I am just about to put in an order for a Visionic Powermax alarm
> and am interested to know if those of you who have been using one
> for a while now are still happy with it.
>
> Have any problems come to light since you installed your unit?
> Would you do anything different if you had to install again?
> Any other advice/thoughts/comments?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Justin.

I've had mine installed for about a month now...no problems even with
my two cats chasing each other around with a PIR in the kitchen. 1
tip, if you don't mind wiring a few bits. The magnetic door contacts
have an aux input, so you can wire a cheap bog-standard PIR to that
contact and it will show up as a seperate zone!

>from

PIR = approx 50 quid
Mag contact = approx 25 quid

Neil