From: Kevin Wood
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 9:33 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] BT Bother !

Are you saying the problem is with getting into the SMTP server at BT for sending e-mails rather than getting the connection to the internet itself?
If so, I nave noticed the same problem, although I only use BT at work so I am not sure whether it happens at 10 PM.

It seems that their SMTP server gets very busy at times. I haven't analysed exactly what is happening but I would hazard a guess that the poor thing is just overloaded. It would be interesting to see if any ADSL users have seen this problem because, of course, they may be using the same server - in which case I'd bet the problem is the same.

I'm afraid there's not much you can do about it if you can't talk to someone with enough nouse to know it's not a connection problem...

If you do want to go to another ISP you could of course send mail using their SMTP server and pick it up from BT's POP3 server but it's a bit of a waste to keep the BT account going just to keep the e-mail address.

Kevin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor