Re: Acorn reminiscing WAS Barcode Scanner Purchase

> > Well they certainly look pretty good.  I remember using a very
old scanner
> > connected to my BBC Micro that you had scan from left to right,
at a very
> > consistant speed.  At one point Acorn User even had some program
listings
> > that you could scan in, instead of type in.  Ahh the days before
discs/cds
> > were on the magazine covers.
>
> I still have the barcode reader somewhere.  Alas, I sold my BBC B to
fund an
> A310 (which I still have mothballed in the loft).  Also got an EPROM
> programmer... used about twice!
>
> James H

Interesting that the Acorns should come up at this time, I am in the
process of uplading my website based around Home Automation using the
Acorn computers.

I do ask on the site, but I feel I should ask here also, does anyone
here have any programming experience with the ports on the Acorn A3010?

Should be online tonight, http://www.webferrit.co.uk - if you
see a
green site, it's the old one.....

Dan :)