Re: Barcode Scanner Purchase

Ray,

You on the right line here, sounds like another string in the bow of
home automation sponsored by rabbit.

Stuart

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 12:48, Ray Barnett wrote:
> Paul, I'm a software bod and came up with a couple of techie wet dream
ty=
pe ideas for it... Rabbit connected bar code scanner device anyone?
Broadca=
sts "I scanned a barcode" event across the network for whatever
device is i=
nterested to hear. So your SQL Server upstairs adds the CD to the music
col=
lection automatically, and the kitchen stock control database is
automatica=
lly updated when you scan something in the kitchen.
>=20
> Well it got me excited :-P
>=20
> Ray.
>   ----- Original Message -----=20
Service.=20
--=20
Stuart Poulton
Senior Computer Officer
Theoretical Astrophysics Group
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy		 	Tel. +44 (0)116 223-1016
University of Leicester				Fax. +44 (0)116 252-3311
Leicester, LE1 7RH				E-mail: swp@xxxxxxx
ENGLAND