RE: Very OT: Smart Car

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Very OT: Smart Car
  • From: "Nick Shore" <nick.shore@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:11:44 -0000

> They're supposed to be really safe.

I was very impressed with the way it stood up to being rolled.

> ... and that's it's major selling point.

yup

> Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great car for use around town, and
it
> looks nice (IMO).  It's also packed with features, nippy enough,
> and comfy.

I hardly ever use mine in town :-) and as for being van-like it is more
like
a gokart !

> I just prefer something fun to drive.  That's just me, and what I
> like.

Well I find it fun - but it certainly isn't quick ! however it is very good
around corners,
and mid-range acceleration is fantastic. It suffers from understeer on
standard wheels but
that can also be improved by changing for 195s all round.

Reviewers tend to say that it is only good for around town, but it can
easily hold its own
on motorways, and I find it amazingly comfortable.

Nick.