RE: OT: BMWs (was USB2 on Laptops?)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: BMWs (was USB2 on Laptops?)
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:18:30 -0000

Why is there always this debate about front or rear drive? Rear drive to
me, is entertaining but a pain in the ass when you can't be bothered
with it. To be fair though I haven't done much driving in a rear-drive
job so I'm not I'm not criticising the product in the least.

I jump into a car and just drive the sodding thing, the roads nor the
bloody speed cameras let you really rip it anymore so why worry about
it? I had an Alfa 145 Cloverleaf and a 146Ti both were brilliant cars
and I enjoyed them fantastically. I've driven, at length the GTV, Spider
and 156 and liked them all.

But here's my problem with performance cars...when the Fiat 20V Turbo
Coupe came along I got an extended test drive of it. Two minutes out of
the showroom and onto a dual carriageway, 130mph and I had to back off I
would have bought one but for a couple of niggles. It costs =A3220 a
corner for rubber, it cost ridiculous amounts to service, the service
intervals were short, the insurance company's employees would all have
gotten a trip to the Bahamas for my premium alone and, the most
important one, I would have been banged up for doing silly speeds after
three weeks:-)

As for the image presented by the car, well I don't really give a toss
anymore.

K.

(who finally has a clean licence after nearly 10 years of points)

NUTS!
These