   Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 00:35:57 +0100
   From: "Simon Coates" <ecolume@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tivo Arrived

Tim,

I have Sky+ and I'm going to fit the boxes in node 0.  I would say that
there is a slight benefit to seeing the front panel.  The front panel has
various LEDs to show the box's state - i.e. POWER LED/REMOTE FLASH LED, ON
LED, RECORD LED and ONLINE LED, as well as a (quite nice) graphical LED
display of playback, pause etc...  The graphical display is mimicked on
screen, but there's no quick way to see if the box is recording - other than
browsing to the channel that you have selected to record and checking that
the record symbol is on your chosen programme, or by 'going out' of what you
are watching and looking at your 'Sky Planner'.
Missing seeing the record LED is probably the worst thing about putting Sky+
in node 0, but if most of your recordings are done when you're out, or not
near the TV then it won't be a problem at all.  :o)

Regards

Simon