RE: TTS and how to do it?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: TTS and how to do it?
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:42:43 +0100

Perhaps it's a design philosophy, but I really prefer the "dumb node"
approach wherever possible.

Why have an amp + power + mute intelligence in each zone, when you can have
just a speaker, and a single wire run to it?

I think the idea of using somehting like Ian B's irrigation relay board to
switch on/off the zones seems like the best (for me anyway!)

perhaps you could use connect the relays such that when closed, the zone
speaker is in circuit, wheras if it's open, an 4 or 8 ohm power resistor is
in circuit instead?

Ian.