Re: TTS and how to do it?

Just a few thoughts

> 1. Audio Out from PC connected to Veronica FM transmitter via a mixer,= mixer to
> take audio signals from MisterHouse for TTS and my MP3 server.

Like it, a no-wires solution

> 2. 'Bare Board' type FM receivers in each room custom built with an am= plifier
> and an X-10 Appliance Module.

Ok, but how about this,
Do you really need stereo ?
If not then how about using a say the left channel to carry a DTFM code, then put a DTFM decoder in each reciever to turn the amp on / off ? My
guess is that a DTFM reciever is less the =A320 (cost of an appliance
module)

> 3. MisterHouse then controls which receivers are turned on and off thr= ough the
> X-10 module. (Time Lag remains acceptable for now)
>
> 4. Volume still a problem for me but working on some ideas for control= ling
> volume from MisterHouse instead of from the receiver.

You could probably do something with clever use of DTFM codes ?

Stuart

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk