RE: HA and Alarm Panels

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: HA and Alarm Panels
  • From: Mike Griffiths <mike@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:48:14 +0100

Title: Message

I use Ace

It works a treat and the support Dan gives is brilliant

I tell HomeVision who has un-set the alarm so first in the house has it setup the way they like it

When we are all in bed HomeVision tells comfort and it sets the Alarm down stairs

When we leave the house we alarm it and Comfort tells HomeVision to turn everything off and go into  random light mode when it is dark

I use the Comfort detectors to turn lights on via HomeVision which does all of my X10 control

Leaving comfort to look after the Alarm

Ace Client  also acts as House control on all of my PC's controlling Hifi lights etc

Its very flexible and quite easy to set up

You can get HomeVision to talk directly to Comfort but I ran into trouble with the buffering of commands

ACE seems to solve this problem

Hopefully HomeAutomator will also do the same

Mike