Re: Audiotron 30k limit/Streaming media (was SliMP3 Ethernet MP3 Pla yer)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Audiotron 30k limit/Streaming media (was SliMP3 Ethernet MP3 Pla yer)
  • From: "tefxp" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:15:54 -0000

Stuart,

I was actually expecting replies about the streaming side of things
rather than the screaming mad side of things :-)

Anyway, in response to your message:

> I always envisiged it as akin to a file explorer display. Like you
> browse for a folder in Windows, you get a long 'virtual' list that
it
> loads up bit by bit as each 'page' is displayed whilst you go
> through and find the file you want. On a 2 line LCD ... yeah, he
has
> a point!

The Audiotron has a dial on the right that you use to select Artist,
Genre, Playlist etc.
Having dialed to 'Artist' and selected it, you then get an option of
all music or by Album, so you select by album and get a list of
albums.
Select the album and then you can play it all or select an individual
song.

This works quite well I think, is fairly intuitive, and you can get
where you want quite quickly.
For those of you with large collections and worried about RSI, the
faster you turn the knob, the further through the list it jumps.

A folder view on anything less than a 640x480 display would be
somewhat of a nightmare methinks!

> > FACT = I personally have around 8,000 songs and feel that that is
> > crazy amount of music.  Thus, I label those with over 20,000
[...]
> I do resent the above statement, I must say. Just because he
> doesn't have a big collection doesn't mean others won't. Then

Well I did warn initially that it was a bit heavy!
If I had actually attacked the Audiotron for it's limit in the
support group rather than simply ask if there was a way around it,
then it could easily be the start of a flame war as the post seems to
be a bit of a hostile defence of an imaginary attack :-/

Tony