RE: Am I the only one who isn't impressed by TiVo ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Am I the only one who isn't impressed by TiVo ?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 18:40:39 +0100

Title: Message
It probably did.... but there were two problems....

1. I was sound asleep as it was 8am on Saturday morning
2. Amber was in her bedroom watching the output of the digibox NOT the output of TiVo so didnt even see the message.

The auto change also got me the other day.... was listening to Satellite radio so not even looking at a screen and it changed to record something. Its just a case of getting used to a whole new way of watching TV.

Once it knows more of our likes and dislikes and we have got used to using it properly (only installed it on Thursday as we were on holiday when I bought it ) then I will probably re-enable the auto recording of suggestions.

Having said that, I like the feature of being able to see upcoming episodes and have used it for Scrapheap Challenge to schedule a recoding for 5am. No danger of a conflict but there was no way I would have manually recorded it on the Video as I dont look at the schedules for the wee hours.

Sharon is well happy as it has season passes for Eastenders, Home & Away, and Neighbours. She has also selected stuff to record by herself instead of the old method of her circling stuff in the TV times and as she goes out in the evening saying "there is some taping to be done". Normally that occurs as I arrive home >from video correctly with Amber trying to get my atention at the same time led to errors on more than one occasion. Tivo should solve that problem nicely. Also saves trying to find which tape it was recorded on.

Keith