RE: Am I the only one who isn't impressed by TiVo ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Am I the only one who isn't impressed by TiVo ?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 20:51:25 +0100

You need a multi-output LNB. Either one that connects to multiple receivers= ,
or one that connects to an LNB switch allowing many receivers to select any=
one of the 4 outputs from the LNB.

You can use a passive splitter but you only receive one band of signals and=
one box would take priority. For example, I used to do that on analogue at<= BR> one time.

It was fine if both receivers wanted a Vertical (13V) Channel or both wante= d
Horizontal (18V)but if they wanted a mixture, the LNB would see the 18V fro= m
one receiver and switch to Horizontal. The receiver expecting the vertical<= BR> signals would either lose picture or if it had sufficient auo tuning range,=
grab the horizontal channel above or below the vertical channel you wanted.=
Its worse with digital because there are 4 bands and switching is a
combination of 13/18V and 22kHz tone ON/OFF.

If its any consolation.....just after I posted about SWMBO approval....Tivo=
stopped just before the end of Eastenders omnibus edition. Bloody
broadcasters running late.....you'd thing with the millions they spend on technology that thay could afford a decent clock :-(

Will be adding a few minutes to the end wherever possible.

Keith