Re: ir transmitter some success

Hi Des
            Just a little background on my homrbrew ir system . I have an 8
zone tx circuit (only 3 being used) . I have recievers in each room ( 3 off)
on the board with the reciever i have a chip which i use as a pulse extender
and a +5v reg . The recievers are wired in 4 core security cable.
red +12V
black ov
white signal
blue  extended pulse (mono stable)
I have a rx multiplexer using another 4051 (which i also  use for the tx
multiplexer) which all the rx extended pulse (blue wire) are connected to.
all my rx signal wires (white) go to individual opto isolators with all
output side of optos joined together then to my pic rbo input .
When my pic detects an ir signal on rb0 it decodes the signal. I can then
scan the input mux and detect which rx is active and act upon it . The pulse
extenders give the pic some breathing space . I use the same 3 mux pins for
both tx and rx as i am not concerned about  doing both at exactly the same
time . One down side is that only 1 rx can be active at any time as all rx
unit signals are paralled on the output side.
Sorry for babbling on ,i cant see why you couldnt use the same similar
setup unless the only 1 rx active is a .real problem
    You would require 3 pins for mux  i tx and 1 for rx.

Frank Mc
HTH