RE: Gigabit Ethernet

On 31 May 02, at 11:28, James Hoye wrote:

> > I don't know, but the fact Dell are plonking it on a range of PCs=
> > made me sit up and take notice. I had thought prices would be hef= ty,
> > but perhaps not. I haven't looked TBH.
>
> eBuyer.com have a Netgear GA302T 32 bit PCI card for under 50 quid
> (Linux drivers available too).  QuickFind code is 31632

Funnily enough I turned over a few more pages of this ITWeek
magazine and it mentioned a 3Com card for =A395 as well as a
NetGear one for =A355 (their quoted prices).

Then again, a 100Mbit card costs =A311 or whatever.

Right now all I'm interested in doing is making sure that the cabling
in the walls is appropriate. By the time I'm interesting in
GigaBitEthernet the cards and switches will be a lot cheaper no
doubt.

Stuart

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""