RE: Need legal advice?

Tony,

The return on fault is very much based on the amount of warrenty provided by the
manufacturer.  You can however indicate that returns are to your supplier and at
the expense of the customer until the fault is proved, that is not a problem.
Customer either accepts this condition of sale or does not buy from you.

The return of goods is within 7 days of receipt and I'm sure that the act says
that goods must be returned in merchantable (dubious spelling) state.

No supplier can say that they will not accept goods that have been opened if you
can prove that the goods are faulty or that you have been mis-advised.  It is up
to you though to know your rights and insist.

SWMBO usually sneaks away when I start quoting the act in shops.  The bottom
line is that PC World were not in the right to tell you that they would not
accept opened goods, on that person's advice you had a resonable expectation
that the goods would work as you had been told they would.

It's a fine line which is why most shops will accept opened items by giving you
vouchers.  They are demonstrating good will but also insuring that you spend the
money with them, again.

Mark

                  "BUTLER, Tony,
                  FM"