From: "Eric de Oude" <eric.de.oude@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 7:28 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] RE: (ukha_d) Mobile Phones (maybe OT)

Simon Brazier said
>On the subject of phones, I've actually got a Nokia 6210 and want to upgrade
>it to a 6310 to get GPRS/Bluetooth etc but apparently there have been a=
few
>reliability problems with the 6310.

I had incredible problems with my 6310 in that every time I started a
bluetooth connection over GPRS, I'd have to reboot the phone to get it
to connect. - Kinda defeats the whole object of bluetooth phone in your
pocket. I then had the firmware upgraded to v4.20 (That's a whole other
story.. see below)

So now with the new version GPRS over Bluetooth to my iPAQ 3870 works
brilliantly!! I'm a happy camper.

On the subject of complaining.... it took Carphone Warehouse over 4
weeks to upgrade the firmware on my phone, 2 of which I had no phone and had to revert to standby. I wrote a long letter and called everyday.
Eventually it got sorted and I got =A380 credit which is going towards my Nokia Bluetooth headset (due to arrive tomorrow)

Lessons learned...
1. Carphone Warehouse have no comprehension of customer service. I'll
never use them again.
2. Complaining pays off.. even if it only makes you feel better to yell
at someone.

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk