-----Original Message-----
From: David Yeend [mailto:david.yeend@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 May 2002 13:48
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] PC interface to door push

You could simply use an X10 PIR to detect presence, although the alert would
be raised for the postman etc.

Alternatively you could use a PIR to detect presence and turn on an outside
light during the hours of darkness - justifies the PIR. Then modify the PIR,
remove the light sensor and wire the button across it.

This would give 2 levels of alert if you wanted - movement in the area
covered by the PIR and someone pressing the button.

David.