Re: Wiring light switches...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Wiring light switches...
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:40:11 -0000

I recently re-wired my house for momentary switches and LD11's (now
wish I'd used modules with a quicker response than X10 - but that's
a different story!). I pretty much left the old cabling and ceiling
rose structure in place and ran a new 1mm T&E cable to each light
switch, breaking into the circuit and feeding the LD11's. With 17
rooms, even that's a LOT of cabling and even though the house is
only 4 years old, it was a real pig to do as a variety of wall
construction methods had been used. Works really well though (and
first time).

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Peter Heath" <ph236@c...> wrote:
> T @ E cable can be used in a number of ways. in most domestic
circuits a
> loop in system is used where by a live neutral and earth are
looped between
> all light fittings forming the backbone of the circuit. in
addition to this
> the switching of individual lights is achieved by running an
additional T @
> E cable from the switch position to its respective light. in this
case the
> live (red) is connected at the light fitting to the looped live
and the
> switch wire (black marked with red sleeve) is used as a return
path to
> switch the light on. the long and short of it is each fitting will
have a
> joint for looped live (permanent live) and a connection for
switched live
> along with a permanent neutral.
>
> Peter

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/