RE: Water Reclamation System

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Water Reclamation System
  • From: "Ray Barnett" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:57:38 +0100

I seem to remember reading quite some time ago about some farmer who was sued by the water company for collecting water off his roof. Apparently there is some rule to say that the water is legally owned by the water company and that by diverting it from a drain you are stealing it. Maybe along the lines that you have to pay to extract water from rivers. I'm not sure if this is true though, or whether my memory is dodgy. However, given water butts don't seem to cause problems, and noone would probably ever spot it, I can't see it is really an issue.

On the water purification front, I would consider UV for killing algae and bacteria. Would charcoal really do much when filtering fairly pure rain water?

Ray Barnett.