Re: BT cabling through patch panel

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: BT cabling through patch panel
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 10:17:43 -0000

I actually use DECT phones around the house (so only one point
needed) - but I wanted to cover all eventualities so I could simply
plug in a handset, fax, Meteor etc if I needed to.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@k...> wrote:
> No, you're not.
> But I asume that you are not going to move your phone often, so
you can
> connect the one that your're using only. And, in a few months
time, when you
> want to use some other CAT5 point, just re-patch that point to BT
line in
> node0 on patching port. That's why I recommend to use networks
sockets
> everywhere. It's much easier to move adaptor then change the
socket.
> Cheers,
> Nik

spliting
>   > the
>   > > incoming line and patching to, say, 4 locations. Would you
>   connect
>   > > several patch panel connectors together in parallel (wiring
>   behind
>   > > the panel) and then use these 'sources' to patch out to the
>   > required
>   > > points - a bit like a hard-wired telephone hub in concept.
>   > >
>   > > Paul.
>   > >
>   > > --- In ukha_d@y..., "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@k...> wrote:
>   > > > You just plug jour phone line in patching panel and then
plug
>   > > phone in
>   > > > network socket. So you'll use Cat5 for phone line and any
>   > network
>   > > point can
>   > > > be used as phone point. That's how I use it (and most of
the
>   > > people)
>   > > > Of course, you'll need adaptors for converting BT plug into
>   RJ45
>   > > and vice
>   > > > versa.
>   > > > You can find some at www.videk.co.uk. Try product code:
>   42824283
>   > > and you'll
>   > > > see the picture.
>   > > > It's under UTP/STP system components/voice network
accessories.
>   > > > Cheers,
>   > > > Nik
>   > > >

Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click here for more selections... Click here to visit LensExpress.com Avucue2 Colours ACUVUE Disposables FreshLook Colorblends Disposables Focus Night & Day Continous Wear Get Wild... with Wild Eyes!
Click here to find your contact lenses!